Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gluten-free Chocolate-Carob Scones

I know I promised not to eat as much chocolate but I succumbed to the invisible force field of chocolate that grows stronger around Valentine's Day. At least, I used baking cocoa rather than hard chocolate, and I substituted carob for half the chocolate.

Have a great Valentine's Day!

Gluten-free Chocolate-Carob Scones

(makes 10 medium-sized scones)


Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups garbanzo bean flour

1 T. SweetLeaf powdered stevia

1/4 cup baking cocoa, 1/4 cup carob powder

2 1/2 tsps. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 T. olive oil

2 T. tahini

2/3 cup hemp milk
Optional: add almonds, mini-chocolate chips or dried cherries

Directions:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all the dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to mix. Then add olive oil, tahini and hemp milk. Continue pulsing to mix.


Drop batter by generous spoonfuls onto a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven.



2 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh...these look FAB, Sheree! I love cooking/baking with hemp milk (despite the quizzical looks I get from people whenever I mention it). It's so creamy.

Sheree Welshimer said...

Thanks, Jill. I agree people do give you quizzical looks when you ask for hemp milk. And then there's the "I thought that was illegal" looks.