Most traditional Thanksgiving foods are not candida-diet friendly for those of us eating low-glycemic diets. I love turkey but what happens when the supply dwindles. I turn to low-carb sesame chicken tenders. We gobbled them up greedily. Fortunately, I snatched a couple aside to snap a photo.
Low-Carb Sesame Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 4 T. sesame seeds
- 1 -2 tsp. Chinese Five-Spice
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray and oil baking sheet or pan and preheat in oven to distribute the oil.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, combine sesame seeds and five spice.
- Rinse chicken tenders in water.
- Roll chicken tenders in seed/spice blend to coat.
- Make additional seed/spice coating if needed.
- Place coated tenders in preheated, oiled cooking pan.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes. Then turn tenders and bake another 15 minutes until crispy.
Serve with a hot, spicy dipping sauce. Saute 2 T. chopped onion in 1 tsp. oil in a small skillet. Add can of tomato sauce (purchase the kind with no additives); 1 tsp. each Bragg's Amino Acids and hot sauce of your choice. Continue cooking until heated through.