Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sesame chicken tenders

My husband has been "forcing" himself to eat pie leftovers since Thanksgiving. I made pumpkin pie and company brought apple pie. What torture for my spouse to eat all that pie since I cannot eat any of it. I think he will soon go through pie withdrawal after the supply ends.

Most traditional Thanksgiving foods are not candida-diet friendly for those of us eating low-glycemic diets. I love turkey but what happens when the supply dwindles. I turn to low-carb sesame chicken tenders. We gobbled them up greedily. Fortunately, I snatched a couple aside to snap a photo.

Low-Carb Sesame Chicken Tenders

Ingredients
  1. 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
  2. 4 T. sesame seeds
  3. 1 -2 tsp. Chinese Five-Spice
  4. 1 T. olive oil
  5. Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray and oil baking sheet or pan and preheat in oven to distribute the oil.
  2. In a shallow bowl or dish, combine sesame seeds and five spice.
  3. Rinse chicken tenders in water.
  4. Roll chicken tenders in seed/spice blend to coat.
  5. Make additional seed/spice coating if needed.
  6. Place coated tenders in preheated, oiled cooking pan.
  7. Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes. Then turn tenders and bake another 15 minutes until crispy.

Serve with a hot, spicy dipping sauce. Saute 2 T. chopped onion in 1 tsp. oil in a small skillet. Add can of tomato sauce (purchase the kind with no additives); 1 tsp. each Bragg's Amino Acids and hot sauce of your choice. Continue cooking until heated through.

No comments: