Monday, May 16, 2011

Chocolate sunflower seed tart-ACD friendly

Chocolate sunflower seed tart
It's been a really sad time for me the past week. My little cat pal, Pumpkin, died after a long illness. He was barely four years old so it was unexpected. I'm having a hard time dealing with his loss. Right now, there are no cats in the kitchen, only my dog pal, Kona.

I'm somewhat of an emotional eater but I'm trying to avoid eating foods that will increase my candida symptoms. I did make the Chocolate Sunflower Seed Tart, pictured above. I shared it with others to avoid being tempted to eat more than I should. It's especially good topped with berries of some sort.

Chocolate Sunflower Seed Tart

Crust Ingredients:
  1. 1 1/2 cups toasted sunflower seeds
  2. 1/4 tsp. salt
  3. 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  4. 2 T. olive oil
  5. 2 T. yacon syrup
Crust directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grind the toasted sunflower seeds to a flour-like consistency in a food processor.
  2. Add in the salt, baking soda and give another pulse to blend. Then, blend in the olive oil and yacon syrup.
  3. Spoon the crust mixture into a sprayed pie pan. Using damp fingers spread the crust evenly along the bottom and sides of the pan.
  4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
  5. Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool.
Filling Ingredients:
  1. 1 medium sweet potato, baked and peeled
  2. 2 T. sunbutter
  3. 3/4 cup hempmilk
  4. 2 T. ground flax mixed with 1/4 cup hempmilk
  5. 1 T. yacon syrup
  6. 1 tsp. chia seeds
  7. dash of powdered stevia
  8. 1 T. cacao powder
Filling Directions:
  1.  Place sweet potato in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in other ingredients and keep blending until everything is mixed and smooth.
  2. Spoon the filling evenly into the cooled sunflower seed crust.
  3. Chill in the fridge.
  4. Serving suggestion: place the tart in the freezer for 30 minutes or so before serving.

No comments: