|Chocolate-Zucchini Pan of Pudding Brownies|
|Chocolate-Zucchini Brownie in a Mug|
|Bailey and Kona lounging|
Desserts are my downfall, especially chocolate ones. That's why I've decided to make single-serving desserts as much as possible. My theory is there will no longer be the call of the leftover desserts from the freezer or fridge.
I probably sabotaged my whole plan by making my first single-serving dessert creation a microwavable one that can be ready in five or less minutes. Oh well, I guess I will need some willpower after all.
I took a full-size recipe for vegan and gluten-free brownie pudding cake (pictured above) and modified it to add zucchini and make one serving. Below are both single-serve and pan recipes.
Chocolate-Zucchini Brownie in a Mug (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Make one huge serving or two small ones.
- one medium-sized microwavable mug (I used a small one and had an overflow problem.)
- pan spray
- 4 T. amaranth flour or other gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 2 T. raw cacao
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. chia seed mixed with 1 T. water
- 3 T. cultured coconut kefir milk or regular coconut milk
- 1 T. melted coconut oil
- 1 T. coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 1 T. cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 cup water mixed with 2 tsp. cacao and 1 T. coconut sugar
- Spray mug with pan spray.
- Measure flour, zucchini, salt, cacao, baking powder in mug.
- Place chia in water in a separate container and let stand for a few minutes before adding to mug ingredients.
- Add coconut kefir or milk, chia, coconut oil and cacao nibs and mix.
- Pour on top the water, cacao, coconut sugar mixture.
- Microwave 3 minutes and enjoy immediately or later depending on your willpower.
(makes 6 servings)
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or coconut kefir
- 4 T. cacao powder
- 1 T. chia seeds mixed with 4 T. water, allow to set 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water mixed with 1/3 cup cacao powder, dash of salt and 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients (#1-10 in ingredients list) in a large bowl with the exception of the 1 1/2 cups boiling water, 1/3 cup cacao, dash of salt and coconut sugar.
- Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
- Pour ingredients #1-10 into baking pan.
- Pour boiling water mixture over the top.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degees.
- Serve warm with vegan ice cream.