Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Coffee cube froyo

Crossing from Whidbey Island to Seattle on the ferry
Home, home on a bike.
 My husband and I have been bike touring in the Olympic Peninsula area in Washington. We carried all of our stuff in the big yellow bag, pictured above. 
Big home vs. small home.
Yes, this shows the difference between our bike touring stuff and the coach that my sister and brother-in-law were traveling in. We met up with them in Port Townsend, Wash.

Finding alternative food on a bike tour. Sometimes, you have to get very creative. We visited a lot of whole foods markets and even the Port Townsend Farmers' Market, pictured above. I dreamed about finding a place with a perfect frosty treat for me on the trip but alas, I had to settle for plain Fage Greek yogurt, which is mostly lactose free.


 Coffee froyo was one of the first things I wanted to make when I got home as I was still hungering for a perfect frosty treat.


Take 12 small coffee ice cubes

1/4 cup premade coffee gelatin + 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (Greek Yogurt is creamiest) + sweetener of choice + 1/8-1/4 cup milk beverage of choice
Optional add-ins: 1 -2 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 T. seed or nut butter

Pulse all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Equals frosty coffee froyo!

Note: Make coffee gelatin ahead of time by mixing 1 cup hot brewed coffee with 1 T. grassfed gelatin.Place in the fridge until firm.

Recipe contributed to:  http://wholenewmom.com/traditional-tuesday/paleo-pizza-roasted-chickpeas-bbq-chicken-pizza-fish-nuggets/


No comments: