Sunday, May 4, 2008

Olive salsa recipe


Spring has definitely sprung in my neck of the woods. And coincidentally, I feel like I've been sprung from months of unstoppable stomach problems. It's hard to believe but I've had less stomach problems since I took those antibiotics for a bacterial infection that may have been aggravating my symptoms. I'll take whatever I can get but in the back of my mind, I know that IBS-like symptoms can sometimes be cyclical, meaning they'll disappear for a awhile before making a reappearance.
I recently cooked up some lemon-thyme chicken with olive salsa and it was a hit with my family. Here's the recipe:
Olive salsa on lemon-thyme chicken
(serves 4)
Ingredients for the chicken:
2-3 chicken breasts, halved
1 tsp. dried thyme
salt and pepper
olive oil
1 T. lemon juice
Ingredients for the olive salsa:
1 cup pitted green olives, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic
1 T. capers, rinsed and drained
1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
1 T. lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and black pepper
Combine the ingredients for the salsa in a food processor and pulse until medium/fine chopped. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill until serving time.
Season the chicken breasts with thyme, salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Place the seasoned chicken breasts on the grill or in a well-oiled and heated grill pan and brown on both sides. Drizzle with lemon juice and finish cooking in a heated oven.
Serve a piece of grilled chicken with a generous helping of olive salsa, alongside a salad and grilled veggies. I guarantee you'll get rave reviews about the salsa.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Thanks for the comment! I am glad you read the post!

Also I am really glad to have found your page. I was wanting to find some great paleo salsa recipes and I'm excited to try yours out within the week. Plus, I love finding tested recipes from others.

One last thing, my cat looks exactly like yours!

Blogger said...

Order a professional Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and get BIG SAVINGS!
* 10 shades whiter in days!
* Results Are Guaranteed.
* Better than your dentist.
* Same as dentists use.