Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pimped up sunbutter


Pimped-up sunbutter with flax, cinnamon and hemp seeds

I had to eat something extra special to celebrate New Year's Day. My first thought was something with sunbutter which I absolutely love. But then, I thought why not try making a pimped-up sunbutter.

 Recently, when browsing the internet, I had come across a pre-made sunbutter with some yummy add-ins (vanilla, cinnamon, flax and hemp seed). It looked incredibly delicious. I almost ordered it until I realized it contained evaporated cane juice, just another name for sugar which is a no-no for candida sufferers.

That cinnamon/vanilla sunbutter was the inspiration for my pimped-up sunbutter but I made mine free of sugar. It was super simple to make and oh, so delicious. I spooned some on my hot quinoa for breakfast but it kind of got lost in the almond milk. The next time I'll try putting it on less milky quinoa.


Hot quinoa with designer sunbutter added.
  Pimped-up Sunbutter

Ingredients:
  1. 1/4 cup unsweetened sunbutter
  2. 2 T. ground flax seed
  3. Few drop on alcohol-free stevia
  4. 1 tsp. cinnamon
  5. 2 T. hemp seed
  6. Optional: alcohol-free vanilla or vanilla bean which I didn't have. I'll try that next time and trust me there will be lots of next times.
  7. Note: If you want more,  just double or triple the ingredients.
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor.
  2. Blend on high until smooth.
  3. Store your designer sunbutter in a storage container.

No comments: