Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kale with lemon beet cream

Misha says hi to Chancy, the mare
I'm beginning to feel like the character Smeagol in Lord of the Rings. He calls the ring, "my precious." I call sunbutter, "my precious." I've grown so attached to it that it's been hard giving it up for the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol diet (AIP).

"How am I going to survive without sunbutter?" That was one of the first questions I asked when I started this elimination diet four days ago in hopes of getting remission or at least, reduced symptoms from fibromyalgia and gut issues.

I know you're thinking there must be lots of other things to eat. Yes, there are but it was one of my few guilty pleasure foods left. But in its place, I am subbing one of these: full-fat coconut milk, coconut oil or coconut butter.

The recipe for sauteed kale with lemon beet cream previously would have included sunbutter but it came out just as delicious with full-fat coconut milk.



Sauteed kale with lemon beet cream
 Here's what you need:

1 steamed or roasted beet
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (sub seed or nut butter, if desired)
1/4 sliced onion
1/2 bunch of kale
olive oil
salt and pepper
Here's what you do:




Peel and slice one red beet. Steam until tender or roast in the oven, if desired. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, place the beet, coconut milk, juice of lemon, salt and pepper in your food processor. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy.

Next, saute your greens with onion. Heat a large skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Saute the onions until tender. Continue by adding the greens.

That's it! Super easy. Plate up your greens and top with a dollop of lemon beet cream. Serve as a side to some type of protein.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!