But this year has been different. I have had a few moments here and there but so far I'm holding my own. I attribute this to sticking with my rotation diet and my regimen of taking Vitamin D daily. I'm also trying a daily pumpkin seed oil tab because as an anti-inflammatory, it is supposed to ease IBS symptoms. Fall has just gotten under way: I'm being a good girl in terms of diet; and time will tell.
In the meantime, here's a refreshing desert that's very kind to a sensitive stomach because it's loaded with mint: Kiwi-Mint Sorbet (serves 1)
2 medium kiwis, peeled and quartered
small palmful of chopped fresh mint (Use less if you don't like a lot of mint taste)
1/2 cup crushed ice
1/4 cup ice cold water
1-2 tsp. agave nectar or other sweetener
1. Peel, quarter kiwis and freeze until slightly firm on a tray in freezer. Or freeze kiwis pieces ahead of time, remove from freezer and thaw slightly.
2. Wash and chop fresh mint leaves.
3. Put semi-frozen kiwi pieces, crushed ice, cold water and sweetener in a food processor and blend. Add a few mint leaves at a time and pulse. Taste. Add more mint depending on personal preference. I like mine really minty.
4. It should form a smooth sorbet-like consistency.
5. Serve in an ice-cream dish, garnished with a sprig of mint.
6. If kiwi-mint sorbet is too soft, freeze until slightly firm in the freezer.