|Cauliflower pilaf and tofu kabobs|
(makes 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or other seeds or nuts of choice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 T. olive oil
- Diced veggies: Your choice but I used 1 small zucchini and carrot
- Optional: 2 T. chopped onion and 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Put the cauliflower pieces into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute the veggies and optional onion and garlic.
- Add the cauliflower and other ingredients to the skillet and cook for several minutes until everything is tender.
- Stir in the toasted seeds or nuts.
(makes four kabobs)
- 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu, cut into large cubes
- Veggies of your choice cut into pieces (zucchini or yellow squash, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, grape tomatoes)
- Marinade blended in food processor: 2 T. miso paste, 2 T. lemon juice, 1 T. tahini, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 2 T. Bragg's amino acids, dash of stevia
- Prepare marinade and pour 1-2 T. of marinade over cubed tofu and veggies in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Thread tofu and veggie pieces onto kabob skewers.
- Place on a baking sheet if grilling in the oven.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve over cauliflower pilaf.
|Bathtub entertainment center for Bailey and Nika|
While you're cooking your kabobs, keep the "fur kids" busy with some toys in the bathtub.
|Pumpkin seed haystacks|
The cauliflower pilaf and tofu kabobs make a "light" meal so you might be interested in some dessert.
Pumpkin Seed Haystacks
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or seeds/nuts of choice
- 2 T. melted coconut oil, mixed with 1 T. sunbutter or seed/nut butter of choice
- vanilla stevia to taste
- 1 T. cacao nibs
- 2 T. freeze-dried blueberries or other dried fruit
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper
- In a medium bowl, toss seeds, dried fruit and nibs with melted coconut oil and sunbutter mixture
- Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonful onto wax paper
- Place in the fridge or freezer to harden
Contributed to: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2012/05/24/wellness-weekend-may-24-28/