|Chocolate sunflower seed tart|
I'm somewhat of an emotional eater but I'm trying to avoid eating foods that will increase my candida symptoms. I did make the Chocolate Sunflower Seed Tart, pictured above. I shared it with others to avoid being tempted to eat more than I should. It's especially good topped with berries of some sort.
Chocolate Sunflower Seed Tart
- 1 1/2 cups toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. yacon syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grind the toasted sunflower seeds to a flour-like consistency in a food processor.
- Add in the salt, baking soda and give another pulse to blend. Then, blend in the olive oil and yacon syrup.
- Spoon the crust mixture into a sprayed pie pan. Using damp fingers spread the crust evenly along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool.
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and peeled
- 2 T. sunbutter
- 3/4 cup hempmilk
- 2 T. ground flax mixed with 1/4 cup hempmilk
- 1 T. yacon syrup
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- dash of powdered stevia
- 1 T. cacao powder
- Place sweet potato in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in other ingredients and keep blending until everything is mixed and smooth.
- Spoon the filling evenly into the cooled sunflower seed crust.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Serving suggestion: place the tart in the freezer for 30 minutes or so before serving.