Here's some shots of the new dog in the kitchen.
Well, you can probably guess this new little "floor rug" has been keeping me busy, almost too busy to cook. The first few days I had no life other than getting Misha, Kona and Bailey, the cat, to embrace their new sister, Nika. There was lots of protesting in the form of howling and whimpering from Nika, and snarling and snapping from hyper, alpha boy, Misha. Kona was good with whatever as long as she got her food while Bailey hid under the bed.
Fortuntely, most of the kinks have been ironed out in the past three days; well, all but the potty training. That's a whole different issue. I continue to spend most of my time at the end of several leashes as I take the wee one (16 pounds), accompanied by her new pals, on endless walks to get the "deed" done outside.
I managed to pull together a nice veggie-protein spread, "Cauliflower-pumpkin (cheesecake) spread," that keeps my snacking, hunger-pains at bay and tastes delicious too, almost like pumpkin cheesecake, but much healthier! It's super easy too which makes it a lifesaver right now.
|Cauliflower-pumpkin spread with chocolate topping|
Cauliflower-pumpkin (cheesecake) spread
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, washed, trimmed and riced in food processor
- 2 T. unsweetened sunbutter, tahini or other nut or seed butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. agave nectar plus stevia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 T. rice protein powder
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor
- Add the nut or seed butter, pumpkin, protein powder and sweetener
- Process until you have a smooth spread
- Add more pumpkin puree or bit of water if spread is too thick
- Serve on crackers, rice cakes
- Extra stores well in fridge for up to a week