|Misha and Bailey enjoy some slumber time|
This video brings tears to my eyes. It also got me thinking I've got some unusual animal pairings of my own. What do you think?
|Do not disturb!|
Bailey was sound asleep until I started snapping pictures of the sleeping duo. He seemed somewhat indignant as if to say, "Do you mind. We're sleeping here!"
|Napping time: Nika and Kona style|
|Two kinds of vegan "ice cream" sandwiches|
Back to my ice cream sandwiches. I tried out two different kinds of ice cream sandwich cookies which were chocolate and no bake of course! And when I say ice cream, I actually mean frozen dessert since I don't eat traditional ice cream.
In the photo above, the ice cream sandwich on the left is made with Chocolate Quinoa Sandwich Cookies. Sunbutter freezer cookies were used for the one pictured on the right. I used a simple frozen concoction made with chocolate, avocado, protein powder and blueberries for the filling.
Chocolate Quinoa Sandwich Cookies
ACD Phase 2
(makes about 12 medium-sized cookies)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Remove mixture to a bowl.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet and flatten with wet hands.
- Chill in the freezer or fridge.
- Cookies store well in the freezer and maintain their chewy texture right out of the freezer.
- To make an ice cream sandwich, simply spoon your favorite frozen confection between two cookies and enjoy.
ACD Phase 1 if using carob and omitting cacao nibs
(makes 6 medium cookies)
- 3 T. sunbutter
- 1/4 cup water
- stevia to taste
- 2-3 T. cacao powder
- 2 T. vegan rice protein
- pinch of salt
- 1 T. chia seeds
- 2 T. cacao nibs
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until dough comes together.
- Remove to a small bowl.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Use wet hands to flatten the cookies.
- Chill in the freezer.
- Note: These cookies do not have that "out-of-the-freezer" chewy factor. They need to be defrosted a bit before making into ice cream sandwiches unless you have teeth of steel.
(Makes enough for two ice cream sandwiches)
Blend 1 avocado, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 3 T. cacao powder, 1 T. rice protein powder, stevia to taste in a food processor. Add more blueberries if necessary to get an ice cream-like texture. Stores well in freezer. Thaw slightly before dishing out.
Contributed to: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2012/04/26/wellness-weekend-april-26-30-2012/