|Misha and Nika at Loon Lake|
|Campers' pb and chocolate cheesecake pudding|
- 2 T. peanut butter, sunbutter or almond butter. Tip: for camping or backpacking, get the individual, squeeze packets.
- 1 T. milk powder. Tip: you can purchase soymilk powder as an alternative milk.
- 1 T. Great Lakes gelatin powder
- Stevia powder, to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cold water; 1/2 cup hot water
- Optional: Make a crunchy topping with 1/4 cup crushed Rice Chex.
- To make at home, omit the milk powder and simply use 1/2 cup of milk beverage of your choice, warmed.
|"Hey, Bailey, maybe you can go backpacking too."|
For backpacking or camping, use ziplocs to hold your ingredients. Place gelatin in one ziploc; milk powder in another; Rice Chex in another. Combine cocoa powder, stevia, cinnamon, salt in an additional ziploc baggie.
To make the pudding in camp: in a camp cup, sprinkle the gelatin on 1/4 cup cold water. Allow to set for 1 minute. Add the 1/2 cup hot water and stir to dissolve the gelatin. Next, add in the milk powder, cocoa packet and seed or nut butter of choice, and stir until blended. Set the cup aside for about 20-30 minutes until the pudding thickens. It seems like a long time but in camp there is lots to be done while you wait.
At home, sprinkle the gelatin on water; after one minute, add the hot milk and stir until dissolve. Then, add the gelatin mixture and other ingredients to your food processor and blend until mixed. Pour the blended mixture into a container and refrigerate until chilled and thickened. Top with a dollop of your favorite yogurt.