Monday, February 23, 2009

Tofu Mango Freeze


My sinus infection is slowly getting better despite all the set backs from the medications I found I was allergic to. It's definitely true that often the remedy is worse than the illness. I guess it's pretty common for people with other allergies or sensitivities to have problems with medications as well. I definitely want to avoid one of these again. I can't take the misery from the sinuses or the stomach pain caused by the medications.
That's why I've invested in a Hydro-Pulse Sinus Irrigator. It's kind of a Water Pik device for your nasal passages. I know to some people it sounds painful while others may find it disgusting but it's really just like a Neti Pot with some extra umph. It may not work but it's worth a try.
Hopefully, it will turn out to be as good a find as the chewable papaya tablets were. I'm still taking them and they are helping my tummy through the tough times of taking antibiotics. I also take a vegan probiotic with every meal.
I tried another mango dessert that is equally as good as the one I made last week. The difference is this one has soy in the form of tofu while the other was free of soy. I only eat soy once in awhile but this dessert is definitely worth trying if you can tolerate soy and love mango like me.
Tofu Mango Freeze (serves 2)
Ingredients:
2 cups of diced mango
1/2 cup vanilla-flavored, unsweetened hemp milk (You also may use soy milk.)
6 ounces (half a 12-ounce package) silken tofu
2-4 T. Fruit Sweet (from Wax Orchard's) or other sweetener such as agave nectar (add a little at a time and test for desired sweetness)
1 T. lemon juice
Directions:
In a blender, blend until smooth 1 cup mango, hemp milk, tofu, lemon juice and sweetener. Pour the mixture in a container and freeze slightly. In the meantime, puree the remaining cup of mango with a little sweetener and refrigerate until serving time. To serve, divide the mango tofu mixture between dessert dishes and spoon the mango puree down one side of each dessert.

No comments: