I still need a lot of practice filling and rolling a Nori roll but it might help if I invested in a sushi mat. Even though they don't look perfect, they still are quite tasty. Use your imagination for fillings. Here's the one I tried.
Veggie Nori Rolls with Sunflower Seed Spread
Ingredients for Spread:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (You also can sprout them ahead of time but I skipped this.)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 T. tahini
- 1 T. Bragg's Amino Acids
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 chopped red onion
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 tsp. flax oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- dash of Chipotle powder
In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients. Blend to a fairly smooth, paste-like consistency.
Directions for Veggie Nori Rolls
- Lightly toast a Nori sheet in a large skillet.
- Lay one toasted Nori sheet on a flat surface or bamboo sushi mat, shiny side down.
- Cover with a thin layer of sunflower seed spread.
- On top of sunflower seed spread, lay out thinly sliced veggies, such as red pepper, Napa cabbage, red cabbage, avocado, daikon radish and sprouts.
- Roll up the rolls and cut each into two or three sections.