Rhubarb is something else I am continuing to enjoy. I can't believe I went so many years without realizing how versatile and delicious it is. Now, I can't enjoy a smoothie with strawberries without blending in an equal amount of rhubarb. Here's my recipe for a Rhubarb-Strawberry Smoothie.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened hemp milk
- 1/2 cup chia seed-hemp milk slurry (Mix chia seed in 1/2 cup hemp milk the day before and allow chia seed to expand and absorb the milk. Store in the fridge.)
- 1/2 cup slightly thawed frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup cooked rhubard chilled (Steam two or three chopped stalks of rhubarb until tender in 3/4 cup water + 6 drops liquid stevia.)
- 2 T. rice protein powder
- 1/2 tsp. guar gum powder
- 1 tsp. flax oil (optional)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Liquid stevia to taste
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.