I did publish my first book today on Amazon about my pet friends who I write about on this site. "Best Friends" features my dog Kona (AKA Sandy in the book), Shadow (a feral cat from awhile back), Pumpkin and Oreo. If you have a Kindle, take a look at http://www.amazon.com/Best-Friends-Sandy-her-ebook/dp/B0048ELBSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1287938114&sr=1-1
I'm continuing my love affair with spaghetti squash. I thought why not turn spaghetti squash into a pumpkin shake, smoothie. It actually tasted just like a pumpkin smoothie.
Spaghetti squash "pumpkin" shake
- One 1/2 small spaghetti squash, baked until tender and chilled.
- 1/2 cup liquid, either Sleepytime Vanilla tea (strong brewed) or alternative milk beverage such as Tempt hemp milk (unsweetened) or a combo of both.
- Liquid stevia to taste (use the alcohol-free kind). I use SweetLeaf Clear.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. guar -gum for thickening
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Scoop out spaghetti squash.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend at high speed until smooth and thick.
- Add a bit more liquid if needed. Consider adding some Tempt milk or other milk for added creaminess.
- Serve sprinkled with more pumpkin pie spice and a bit of SweetLeaf Stevia powder.