Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cocoa Spice Tea

I've been enjoying looking out my window from my kitchen because I have a view of this precious baby llama and her mama. These two reside in my neighbors' pasture, and I've been able to watch the twosome since the baby was born in September.

It's cheap entertainment watching the two from my window and enjoying a cup of cocoa spice tea. One of my favorite teas has always been Yogi Cocoa Spice but I go through it so fast I decided to try to duplicate the tea with my own recipe.

Sheree's Cocoa Spice Tea Recipe
(makes three big cups)


Ingredients:
  1. 6 cups of water
  2. 3 bags Yogi Chai Rooibos tea or red tea
  3. 3 cinnamon sticks
  4. 6 whole cloves
  5. 6 whole cardamon seeds
  6. 1 T. cocoa powder
  7. liquid stevia

Directions:

  1. Place the water and spices in a large saucepan.
  2. Once the water boils, add the tea bags and cocoa powder.
  3. Turn off, cover the pan and allow to set on the burner for five minutes or longer.
  4. Serve with Tempt hemp milk or other alternative beverages. Add stevia to taste.
  5. For a real chocolate spice treat, add unsweetened chocolate almond milk.

No comments: