Fall hasn't really been fall where I live until the last few days. Snuggling under a blanket is what my pal, Pumpkin, (pictured above) likes to do on a cold, rainy day, like we're having today. His idea could be catching but then I wouldn't get anything done.
Instead, how about mixing up a batch of low-carb chocolate or carob pudding? It's unbelievably simple and quick, and gives you a dessert fix with minimal carbs and calories (less than 60 depending on what you add).
Low-Carb Chocolate (Carob) Pudding (1 serving)
- 3/4 cup chocolate, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T. cocoa or carob powder
- 1/2 tsp. guar gum
- Alcohol-free stevia for sweetener
- Optional: 1 tsp. espresso powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until thickened.
- Note: the mixture will continue to thicken if allowed to set for a few minutes.