|Bailey loves our drippy faucet|
|Nika and Misha wait eagerly for me to get clumsy and drop food|
|Vegan chocolate-sunbutter cookies|
Vegan chocolate-sunbutter pillows
(makes 8 large cookies)
Ingredients for chocolate outside:
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 6 T. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup
- 2 T. coconut nectar
- 3 T. unsweetened hemp milk
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened sunbutter
- 1/4 cup dry soy milk (unsweetened)
- 2 T. hemp milk
- 1 T. coconut syrup
- stevia to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with pan spray.
- For the chocolate cookies, combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- Use about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Form balls and then flatten on the cookie sheet.
- Place a teaspoon of sunbutter filling in the center of each cookie and fold up the sides of the dough to encase the filling.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
I have entered this recipe in Weekend Wellness at: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2011/12/01/wellness-weekend-december-1-5-2011/