|What do you think of my new digs?|
According to Recitas, certain foods, even healthy ones, can trigger symptoms such as joint/muscle pain, weight gain, headaches and many more. I started with The Plan's three-day anti-inflammatory cleanse and moved on from there to test foods that might be reacting in my body in a negative way.
During the cleanse, one only eats from a limited list of low reactive foods, such as squash (winter and summer), kale, greens, onions, broccoli, carrots and some others. Then, over a course of 17 more days, you add a new food, followed by a rest day with no testing.
At this point, I have built up this list of okay edibles for me: onions, chard, spinach, radicchio, blueberries, cranberries, broccoli, carrots, kale, zucchini, winter squash, beets, mixed greens, pumpkin seeds, avocado, sunflower seeds, arugula, cucumber, cilantro, coconut, garbanzo beans, brown rice, chicken and some white fish. I tested negative for chocolate (boo hoo), mainly because it aggravated my candida.
|Open-face avocado sammie on beet toast.|
Here's what you need:
Beet Toast Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup raw grated beet
- Optional: 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dry cilantro
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 avocado
- sprinkle of sunflower seeds
- grated carrot
- sliced cucumber
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grind the sunflower seeds in a food processor until they form a coarse flour. Add the remaining toast ingredients and process until the mixture forms a sticky ball.
- Spread the mixture onto a well-greased baking sheet. Divide into two or three portions and form small flattened dough circles rather than one large one. Score the dough with a knife into triangle-shaped pieces. (Note: you also use this recipe for a pizza crust.)
- Place in the preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes. Leave the toasts in longer if needed.
- When the toasts are done, remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Add you toppings and voila, your sammies are ready. Serve with a green salad.
Doesn't that look delicious? Get more healthy recipes here: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2013/01/24/wellness-weekend-january-24-28-2013/