|Grain-free sunbutter cookies|
|Sunbutter ice cream cookie|
Turn these babies into an ice cream sandwich, like the one pictured above, and you have a great treat for your Valentine's Day. I mean, you won't even feel sorry for yourself!
Here's what you need for 12 small cookies:
1 cup finely ground sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened sunbutter
1/4 cup vegetable glycerine (for ACD-Phase 1-3) or agave or coconut nectar for maintenance
Stevia, to taste
Vanilla stevia drops, to taste
2 T. melted coconut oil
2 T. ground flax in 5 T. water
Here's what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with pan spray.
- Make it easy. Put everything in your food processor and blend on the dough cycle until well combined.
- Scoop dough one tablespoon at a time onto the baking sheet. Leave 2-3 inches between cookies.
- Flatten cookies slightly with a fork and make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Now, what if you want the piece de resistance: the ice cream sandwich? Make a simple sunbutter ice cream and layer it between two cookies. Drizzle with a sauce, made by combining 2 T. sunbutter, 2 T. melted coconut oil and vanilla stevia drops.
Here's what you need for the ice cream:
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup sunbutter
stevia, to taste
Optional: 2 T. vegetable glycerine or other sweetener
Freeze according to instructions for your ice cream maker. That's it! Pretty simple and worth the effort for yourself or your valentine.
Or try some carob ice cream with your sunbutter cookies.
|Hey Mom, have you got some cookies for me too?|
Get other ACD-friendly dessert recipes here: http://catsinthekitchen.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
Or checkout other recipes at: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2013/02/07/wellness-weekend-february-7-11-2013/