|Beautiful sunset actually represent out-of-control wildfire
|Getting up to the mountains---a good memory of summer
|Summer is leaving us
I decided to simply add a note about something positive that happened, a bright spot so to speak.
Here are some of my bright spots:
- The tomatoes in my garden are flourishing.
- A deer allowed us to camp in her spot in the mountains. She stayed nearby.
- My fur pups, Misha and Nika, are learning to be calmer walking buddies.
- Today provided a touch of autumn, a welcome change after a scorching summer.
- The air quality has returned to green. I can see the sky. I can breathe again.
|Pumpkin pie in a bowl for breakfast
- Did I chew my food into a paste before swallowing?
- Did I stick with low fermentation, low starch foods but not too much food?
- Did I manage my stress and take a mini-meditation break?
- Did I eat a few servings of cultured foods such as sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt?
- Did I drink enough water, limit my caffeine?
- Did I salt my food enough?
- How do I rate my digestion?
- How do I rate my day?
Here's what you need for 1 serving:
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg as desired
stevia, to taste
lactose-free yogurt of your choice
2 T. carrot slivers, crisped
Optional: toasted seeds or nuts, if tolerated
Mix the pumpkin puree with desired spices and sweetener. Warm in a small saucepan. Crisp the carrot slivers in the oven or in a skillet. To serve, ladle yogurt into a bowl. Top with warm pumpkin puree, carrots and other toppings.
Article contributed to: http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2015/09/allergy-free-wednesday-184.html