In the meantime, I'm dreaming of eating some quinoa pudding again. It's easy to make and is scrumptious as a breakfast or for dessert.
Quinoa Pudding (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 2/3 cups unsweetened hemp milk (or other dairy beverage)
- 2 T. powdered stevia
- Egg replacer or flax equivalent to 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit chopped (Berries would be best choice because they are low glycemic compared to other fruits.)
- In a large saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 2/3 cups hemp milk to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 15 minutes or more.
- Prepare the egg replacer or flax and whisk together with stevia, cardamon and remaining 1 cup of hemp milk.
- Reduce heat to medium low and slowly stir in egg replacer or flax mixture. Stir constantly.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 20-30 minutes. Stir in fruit if desired.
- Place the quinoa pudding in a storage container and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or up to two days.
- Serve garnished with berries or other fruit.