Carob or Chocolate Black Bean Fudge
- 1 can black beans with no added sugar
- 1/4 cup carob or cocoa powder
- 1 T. no-alcohol vanilla
- 1/8 cup sunbutter and 1/8 cup coconut oil (or 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 10 or more drops of alcohol-free stevia
- Drain and rinse the black beans
- Put beans plus all other ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth (add more sunbutter or coconout oil if needed)
- Spread mixture in an 8-by-8-inch square pan, lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 24 pieces.
- Optional: Melt 1 T. each additional sunbutter and coconut oil and mix. Spread on top of the firm black bean fudge as a topping.
- Other options: Add seeds, nuts or peppermint extract to the mixture.
- Note: I chose a blend of sunbutter and coconut butter for the fudge because it had less saturated fat. Too much saturated fat causes me difficulty because my gallbladder was removed. The fudge will not stay as firm as when you use only coconut oil. I just keep it frozen to deal with that problem.