Thursday, December 23, 2010
Anti-candida Christmas dinner continued
I will serve this side dish as part of my candida Christmas dinner. Get the full menu in my previous post at
Here's the recipe I created for Mock Mashed Potatoes
• 1 head of cauliflower, washed, trimmed and chopped into pieces.
• 3-4 medium rutabagas, washed, peeled and cut into one-inch pieces.
• Chicken broth
• Hemp milk or other alternative dairy beverage
• Salt and pepper
• Bring water to a boil in two large saucepans. You will need to cook the two veggies separately since the rutabagas will take longer to cook.
• Add a sprinkle of salt to each pot.
• Put the rutabagas in one pot and the cauliflower in the other.
• Cook until each is fork tender.
• Drain both cauliflower and rutabagas.
• Combine the two veggies in a large pot.
• Add a bit of chicken broth, milk of your choice, salt and pepper.
• Start the mashing process with a potato masher.
• Add more liquids if needed.
• Finish whipping with a hand mixer.
• Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
There's one more recipe to practice: the mock vanilla ice cream topped with trail mix. That will be tomorrow.