|Pimped-up sunbutter with flax, cinnamon and hemp seeds|
I had to eat something extra special to celebrate New Year's Day. My first thought was something with sunbutter which I absolutely love. But then, I thought why not try making a pimped-up sunbutter.
Recently, when browsing the internet, I had come across a pre-made sunbutter with some yummy add-ins (vanilla, cinnamon, flax and hemp seed). It looked incredibly delicious. I almost ordered it until I realized it contained evaporated cane juice, just another name for sugar which is a no-no for candida sufferers.
That cinnamon/vanilla sunbutter was the inspiration for my pimped-up sunbutter but I made mine free of sugar. It was super simple to make and oh, so delicious. I spooned some on my hot quinoa for breakfast but it kind of got lost in the almond milk. The next time I'll try putting it on less milky quinoa.
|Hot quinoa with designer sunbutter added.|
- 1/4 cup unsweetened sunbutter
- 2 T. ground flax seed
- Few drop on alcohol-free stevia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T. hemp seed
- Optional: alcohol-free vanilla or vanilla bean which I didn't have. I'll try that next time and trust me there will be lots of next times.
- Note: If you want more, just double or triple the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Store your designer sunbutter in a storage container.