|Boxes make the best toys|
|Gooey chocolate amaranth brownies|
The July 4th weekend seems like the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors with my two new pals plus Kona and eat some chocolate brownies. The Gooey Chocolate Amaranth Brownies pictured above taste decadent but are filled with quality ingredients, and are gluten, dairy and egg free.
Ingredients for 12 brownies
- 2 T. unsweetened sunbutter
- 2/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. yacon syrup + 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, baked and pureed with 1/4 cup hemp milk
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 T. ground flax with 3 T. hemp milk)
- Optional frosting: 1 T. sunbutter, 1 T. coconut oil, 1/2 T. yacon syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with pan spray. Set aside.
- In food processor, puree the sweet potato with hemp milk. Add in other ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Bake until a knife comes out of the brownies with few moist crumbs, about 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Frost with a mixture of sunbutter, coconut oil and yacon syrup. Melt in a saucepan and then pour over brownies and spread evenly.