|Okra in bloom|
|Carrot cake bites|
My other most recent food passion is carrot cake. Well, my version of carrot cake isn't exactly a sheet cake with cream cheese frosting. Last week, I posted vegan carrot cake chia pudding. http://catsinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/vegan-carrot-cake-chia-pudding.html
This week, I wanted small bites of carrot cake-flavored morsels so I came up with Carrot Cake Bites.
Ingredients for approximately 12:
- 2-3 T. of raw tahini butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- stevia to taste
- 2 T. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 T. raw sunflower seeds
- 1 T. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 T. Artisana coconut butter
- Chop or grate one carrot in the food processor.
- Add the seeds and pulse to chop.
- Add the tahini, coconut flakes, stevia, cinnamon, and continue pulsing until mixture sticks together.
- Roll small balls of the mixture and drizzle with melted coconut butter.
- Chill in the fridge to harden coconut butter. These also store well in the freezer and do not become hard.