|Plum, beet, chard salad
If you follow this blog, you probably know I have been battling fibromyalgia that encompasses many symptoms, including:
- Chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms or tightness
- Moderate or severe fatigue and decreased energy
- Insomnia or waking up feeling just as tired as when you went to sleep
- Stiffness upon waking or after staying in one position for too long
- Difficulty remembering, concentrating, and performing simple mental tasks ("fibro fog")
- Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and constipation alternating with diarrhea (irritable bowel syndrome).
|Chard salad with dark plums and golden beets
I love dark plums and golden beets, and they pair perfectly with chard.
Here's what you need for one serving:
Half a bunch of rainbow or other chard
1 golden or red beet
1 carrot, shredded
1 dark plum, diced
Olive oil, lemon juice dressing
Optional: Add toasted sunflower seeds or almonds
Here's what you do:
Wash all your veggies. Peel your beet. Chop the beet into bite-sized pieces. Toss into a steamer basket and cook until tender. Chop the chard into bite-sized pieces.(Note: I decided to saute the chard lightly but raw will work just as well.) Shred a peeled carrot. Dice the plum into small pieces. For the dressing, combine the juice of a lemon with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, and herbs de provence, to taste. Toss everything together and enjoy!
|"I'm guilty as charged. I ripped open the box but I was looking for chard."
Recipe contributed to: http://dietdessertndogs.com/2013/04/25/wellness-weekend-april-25-29-2013/