|Misha and Nika ready to help with kitchen duty|
I think sometimes they feel guilty for being in my way. That's when they break into what I call their "kitchen serenade." It always soothes my frazzled nerves. Check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SScoaEsKDVI&feature=youtu.be
After they're done singing, I almost want to take a nap. Oh, never mind, that's Misha who wants to take a nap and hopefully, Nika too.
|Misha in his napping pose|
|Pear quinoa shake|
- 1 mediium pear, cored, chopped and frozen ahead of time
- 3/4 cup hemp milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 T. quinoa flakes
- 6+ ice cubes
- 1 T. unsweetened sunbutter or other seed or nut butter of choice
- 1 T. rice protein powder
- 1 T. chia seed
- stevia to taste
- Put all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Toss in more ice if needed to get a thick texture.
- Top with a dollop of sunbutter if desired.
|Misha naps rather than eating his breakfast|
Contributed to: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2012/03/01/wellness-weekend-march-1-5-2012/