|Orange Julius Kale Salad
I confess. I am a confirmed beet addict! I have discovered the beet's amazing benefits for one's health, as well as their delicious taste and versatility for cooking. Here are some reasons you should be eating beets too.
- Beets are rich in fiber, potassium and magnesium.
- Beet tops are an excellent source of beta-carotene, iron and calcium.
- Beets help maintain the digestive track lining and keep your digestive muscles strong.
- If you have a problem with constipation, red beets and their green tops may provide relief. Drinking the water left over after steaming beets will aid digestion too.
- Beets can help you determine whether you have low stomach acid. If your stomach acid is low, the urine will turn red or pink after eating beets.
|Perfect for the beet, kale and avocado lover
I eat beets everyday and credit them with my improved digestion. Here's my latest beet creation. It contains kale and avocado, also superfoods.
Orange Julius Kale Salad
(Makes 4 servings or 2 Hungry Girl-sized servings)
Note: Modify for ACD-Phase 1 by omitting the orange.
Here's what you need:
1 small-medium beet, peeled and grated (Hint: get the kind with the tops still on. They are much fresher.)
4-5 kale stems, leaves removed and finely chopped
2 small oranges
1 carrot, peeled and grated
Here's what you do:
To make the orange-avocado dressing, squeeze the juice from one orange. Blend the fresh orange juice with the meat of one avocado and bit of water and dash of salt. Set aside.
Peel the other orange and separate into sections. Slice these sections in half.
Toss the other veggies together in a large bowl. Add the orange pieces. Pour on the orange-avocado dressing and toss. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Spoon the salad over a bed of mixed greens and season with sea salt, if desired.
|I love Mom's salad too!